Sabinoise Ma vie rurale / My country life.: Look what I did!

Friday 25 March 2011

Look what I did!

How I maded palace for my kittens. (the 17th november 2009)
In general I like the idea of a lodge for cats as there are also dog's boxes,  bird's houses. One day  I saw Cat House on sale :
I did not like very much this cat house because of plastic material but the idea coincided with my one and this was pleasant to me.
And I thought long ago and much, at first looked for a place where to me the cat's lodge sees, then suspected to what height and as it to fix, well not to beat to the house!
Eventually the summer came to an end and I affirmed as thought that it is necessary to do a lodge closed from winds and for the winter to expose it on gallery about a door that I could see that my cat came and waits, when it will let in.
Then I began to do sketches of design of a lodge. Thought to do it two-storeyed and with a manhole between floors for convenience of cats, at the same time thought from what to do such house and how to fix among themselves floors and everything will be how bulky.....
Priorities came to light by itself:
1) The wall on the right should be deaf and not blown, since winds strong in the autumn, in the winter and in the spring from that party;
2) In the house there should be big windows since cats should have possibility to survey approaches to a lodge;
3) It is enough to make one floor quite spacious, a minimum of cracks and blown holes to lay polyfoam - for paws of the frozen cat it is important.
I made two different sketches of a lodge and showed to the husband, he chose this option which I and carried out, the truth this lodge on a sketch was without legs still then.
It was necessary to think over from what to do to cats the house. The idea of windows at me was ready long ago, I have glasses from a ready framework for a photo.
Now pro-reading of the size of windows, walls of the house, an entrance in the house and an inclination of a roof and in general all details began. Then legs, the truth they also were born became stool legs - but this casual coincidence from a lack of experience of the architect-designer.
I had the reste of plywood  from other my finished projects and the first than I was engaged it in cutting out of windows and doors. At the same time I drew with a contour for glass window frames on glasses which go on window apertures. Then I found out that this contour doesn't take out low temperatures, (dawn!) it was necessary to lead round from the inside oil if a contour gone away outside.
 I glued glasses with silicone. Because of a strong smell I had to coat all parts of walls because you will not tire out  the cats in such smelly house!
Then I slowly began assembly, my husband gave councils to me as it is better to fix walls, a floor, a ceiling. Thank him for participation so for cats it carries to silly animals(that'is not truth of course!)
The exception is made by our cat who shows the attachment to the husband jumping to it on a breast and caressing. Than achieved a relative positioning of the husband to it and some indulgence to all sort cat's.
Especially to the husband to liking that cats shouldn't be walked in 4 mornings on a lead and to select behind them a shit on the street.

You see the black strip over a door, this is a contact tape, I made it to attache curtain in winter time(for the present didn't hang up a curtain because it's not so cold yet)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On this photo it is visible a leaf of polyfoam which I laid on a lodge bottom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here we are for the first "fitting" of a lodge, without a roof.
There is still light smell of silicone but so far cat's reaction was quite good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Et violà ! It's ready to use!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I watch them, and my cats watch around street.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment